Step 1: Purchase HSS Quota
This topic describes how to purchase an HSS quota.
- The quota can be used only in the region where you bought it.
- If you choose to purchase the enterprise edition HSS, ensure the total number of servers protected by this edition will be at least equivalent to the total number of your ECS and BMS servers after the purchase is complete.
- The premium edition is provided for free if you have purchased the WTP edition.
You have obtained the login account (with the HSS Administrator and BSS Administrator permissions) and password for logging in to the management console.
- Log in to the management console.
- In the upper left corner of the page, select a region, click , and choose .Figure 1 Accessing HSS
- In the upper right corner of the Dashboard page, click Buy HSS.
- On the Buy HSS page, set the quota specifications.
- Select a region.
- Select an edition.
Select Basic, Enterprise, Premium, or WTP. For details about the differences between editions, see Editions.
- If you purchased the basic, enterprise, or premium edition, enable it on the Servers page of the HSS console.
- If you purchased the WTP edition, enable it on the Server Protection page of the WTP console.
- Select an enterprise project.
Selections are available only if you have enabled the enterprise project function, or your account is an enterprise account. To enable this function, contact your customer manager. An enterprise project provides a cloud resource management mode, in which cloud resources and members are centrally managed by project.
- Value default indicates the default enterprise project. Resources that are not allocated to any enterprise projects under your account are displayed in the default enterprise project.
- The default option is available in the Enterprise Project drop-down list only after you purchase HSS under your HUAWEI CLOUD account.
- Select the amount of time you want to use HSS for.
If you select Auto-renew, the system automatically renews your subscription if the account balance is sufficient. The renewal period is the same as the required duration.
If you do not select Auto-renew, manually renew the service before it expires.
- Set the number of protected servers.
If you have enabled the enterprise project function, you only need to purchase quotas for the servers in your enterprise project.You cannot modify the quota of an edition after its purchase is complete. You can unsubscribe from it and purchase again.
- Basic edition
- Enterprise editionFigure 2 Enterprise edition
HSS should be deployed on all your servers so that if a virus infects one of them, it will not be able to spread to others and damage your entire network. Deploying HSS on only some of your servers is not recommended. If you wish to accept the risks involved in a partial deployment, please contact your service manager or sales personnel.
- WTP edition
- In the lower right corner of the page, click Next.
For details about pricing, see Product Pricing Details.
- After confirming that the order, select I have read and agree to the Host Security Service Disclaimer and click Pay Now.
- On the displayed page, click Pay and complete the payment.
If you purchased HSS in the wrong edition or region, you can first unsubscribe from it and then purchase the correct quota.