Configuring Password-free Login Between ECSs in a Cluster
This section describes how to configure an ECS cluster to enable password-free login between ECSs in the cluster. Only password-authenticated ECSs support password-free logins in a cluster.
$: indicates performing an operation as an administrator.
#: indicates performing an operation as an administrator.
Run the sudo su command to switch from a common user to an administrator.
An ECS cluster has been created and an EIP has been bound to the cluster.
- Use PuTTY and a key pair to log in to an ECS in the cluster.
- Run the following command to disable user logout upon system timeout:
- Run the following command to add the private network IP addresses and names of all hosts in the cluster:
Add the private network IP addresses and names of all ECSs in the cluster, for example:
- Run the following commands to log in to the node using SSH and check whether you can log in to the ECS without a password (hostname1 is the hostname):
$ ssh localhost
$ ssh hostname1
- Log in to other ECSs in the cluster and repeat steps 1 to 4.
- Run the following commands to check whether the tested ECSs can be logged in to from each other without a password:
$ ssh Username@SERVER_IP
$ ssh hostname2