Restarting DCS Instances
On the DCS console, you can restart one or multiple DCS instances at a time.
- After a single-node DCS instance is restarted, data will be deleted from the instance.
- While a DCS instance is restarting, it cannot be read from or written to.
- An attempt to restart a DCS instance while it is being backed up may result in a failure.
The DCS instances you want to restart are in the Running or Faulty state.
- Log in to the DCS console.
- Click in the upper left corner of the management console and select a region and a project.
- In the navigation pane, choose Cache Manager.
- On the Cache Manager page, select one or more DCS instances you want to restart.
- Click Restart above the DCS instance list.
- In the displayed dialog box, click Yes.
It takes 1 to 30 minutes to restart DCS instances. After DCS instances are restarted, their status changes to Running.
- By default, only the instance process will restart. However, selecting Forced Restart will restart the VM on which the chosen DCS instance runs.
- To restart a single instance, you can also click Restart in the same row as the instance.