Managing IP Address Whitelist
To restrict access to a DCS Redis 4.0 or 5.0 instance from specified IP addresses, you can add the IP addresses to the whitelists. If no whitelist has been configured for the instance, or the whitelist function has been disabled, all IP addresses connected to the VPC the instance is located can access the instance.
Whitelist is not supported by DCS Redis 3.0 and Memcached instances.
Creating a Whitelist Group
- Log in to the DCS console.
- Click in the upper left corner of the management console and select a region and a project.
Select the same region as your application service.
- In the navigation pane, choose Cache Manager.
- Click the name of a DCS instance.
- Click the Whitelist tab and then click Create Whitelist Group.
- In the Create Whitelist Group dialogue box, specify Group Name and IP Address/Range.
Table 1 Whitelist parameters
Whitelist group name of the instance.
A maximum of four whitelist groups can be created for each instance.
A maximum of 20 IP addresses or IP address ranges can be added to an instance. Separate multiple IP addresses or IP address ranges with commas.
Unsupported IP address and IP address range: 0.0.0.0 and 0.0.0/0.
- Click OK.
A whitelist group is automatically enabled for the instance once created. Only whitelisted IP addresses can access the instance.
- In the whitelist group list, click Modify to modify the IP addresses or IP address ranges in a group, and click Delete to delete a whitelist group.
- After whitelist has been enabled, you can click Disable Whitelist above the whitelist group list to allow all IP addresses connected to the VPC to access the instance.