Updated at: Jun 09, 2021 GMT+08:00
- On the top menu bar, choose SQL Window. On the displayed Select Database page, select an instance, and click OK.
- In the navigation pane, select a database, and then specify a table or view.Figure 1 SQL operations
- Execute SQL: executes SQL statements.
- Format SQL: improves the readability of SQL statements. Formatting SQL statements enables statements to be displayed in line break mode, but does not change their logic and semantics.
The formatting takes effect for all the SQL statements in the SQL window. You cannot format only the selected statements.
- Execute SQL Plan: reports the execution of SQL statements to facilitate troubleshooting and optimize SQL processing performance.
- SQL Favorites: allows you to add, view, and manage frequently used SQL statements.
- SQL Input Prompt: helps you to select your desired database, table, or field name as prompted to quickly enter statements in the SQL window.
- Overwrite/Append Mode:
- Append Mode: Each time a SQL statement is executed, the new result set is appended to the previous one.
- Overwrite Mode: Each time a SQL statement is executed, the new result set overwrites the previous one.
- Full Screen: shows SQL statements on a full screen.
- After SQL statements are executed, view SQL execution status on the Executed SQL Statements, Messages, and Result Set tab pages.