Help Center > > User Guide> DDS DB Instance Management (Standard Edition)> Collection Management> Creating a Collection
Creating a Collection
Updated at: Sep 29, 2020 GMT+08:00
You have logged in to a DDS DB instance on the DAS console.
- On the top menu bar, choose Database Management.
- On the displayed Objects page, select Collections, and click New Collection.
- On the displayed page, enter the collection name. You can select Capped collection, Auto index, and No padding as required.
- Capped collection: Set the maximum number of bytes and the maximum number of documents. If the specified value is reached, an error is reported. The value specified must be greater than 0.
- Auto index: Automatically create an index on the _id field.
- No padding: A storage policy that eliminates the need to reserve storage space for the growth of a record when inserting it.
- After setting the collection information, click OK. The collection that you have created appears in the collection list, and you can perform operations on it.