Help Center > > User Guide> PostgreSQL DB Instance Management (Development Tool)> Account Management> Role Management
Updated at: Jun 09, 2021 GMT+08:00
- On the top menu bar, choose Account Management > Role Management.
- On the role management page, click Create Role in the upper left corner.
- On the Basic Settings tab page, enter a role name (mandatory) and specify other parameters as required. Ensure that all the settings are correct and click Save. In the displayed SQL preview window, confirm the settings again and click OK to create the role.Figure 1 Creating a role
- (Optional) On the Role Groups tab page, select the check boxes in columns Grant and With Grant Option as needed. Then click Save and confirm the settings.
- (Optional) On the Permissions tab page, click Add, select the object type and corresponding column settings from the drop-down lists, and then click Save and confirm the settings.
- On the role management page, edit existing roles if needed. For how to edit a role, see 3 to 5. Delete existing roles if needed. Deleted roles cannot be restored. Exercise caution when performing this operation.