Creating a Stored Procedure
A stored procedure consists of a set of SQL statements that can complete specific tasks or processes complex services. This section describes how to create a stored procedure. You can use loop statements in a stored procedure to insert objects repeatedly.
- You have obtained the login permission and logged in to the database management page.
- You have obtained the CREATE ROUTINE permission for creating stored procedures and the ALTER ROUTINE permission for altering and dropping stored procedures.
- In the navigation tree on the left, right-click Stored Procedures under the target database and choose Create Stored Procedure from the shortcut menu.
- On the page for editing a stored procedure, click Set Template Parameter. In the displayed dialog box, set required parameters and click OK.
- Edit the SQL statements and click Save. The main part of the stored procedure is adjusted according to the settings.
- Click Execute. In the displayed dialog box, set required parameters and click Execute.
- View the execution results on the Message and Result Set tabs.