What Can I Do If the Server Cannot Be Started After Migration Due to an Earlier GRUB Version?
The server cannot be started after the migration.
The GRUB2 version of the source server is old and has bugs that are not fixed. (The bugs do not affect the system running, but GRUB fails to be reinstalled.)
- Log in to the source server as user root and run the grub2-install command to install GRUB2.
If the error message "not a correct XFS inode" is displayed during the installation, GRUB fails to be installed.
- Run the following command to check the installed GRUB2 version:
- Run the following command to upgrade the GRUB2 version:
yum update grub2
- Run the following command to check the upgraded GRUB2 version. Check whether GRUB is successfully upgraded by comparing the version numbers in Figure 2 and Figure 3.
rpm -qa |grep grub2
- After GRUB2 is installed on the source server, perform the migration task again.
After the migration is complete, the server can be started properly.