How Do I Use Differential Backup Provided by RDS for MySQL?
A differential backup indicates the data records on the standby DB instance is more than those on the primary DB instance. In this case, the standby DB instance is automatically rebuilt to back up the extra data.
- Log in to the management console.
- Click in the upper left corner and select a region and a project.
- Click in the upper left corner of the page and choose Database > Relational Database Service. The RDS console is displayed.
- On the Instance Management page, click the target DB instance. Choose Backups & Restorations in the navigation pane on the left. On the Full Backups page, locate the target backup to be downloaded and click Download in the Operation column.
- Decompress the downloaded backup, find the DML or DDL statements, and determine whether to execute them based on service requirements.