Scenario 1: Creating an RDS Full Backup Migration Task
This section describes how to migrate RDS full backup files. You can use the full backups of Microsoft SQL Server DB instances in the cloud to migrate data.
This section describes how to create a backup migration task on the DRS console.
- On the Backup Migration Management page, click Create Migration Task.
- On the Select Backup page, specify information about the task and backup files. Then, click Next.
Figure 1 Specifying the migration task information
Table 1 Migration task information
The task name consists of 4 to 64 characters, starts with a letter, and can contain only letters (case-insensitive), digits, hyphens (-), and underscores (_).
The description consists of a maximum of 256 characters and cannot contain the following special characters: !=<>'&"
Tags a task. This configuration is optional. You can use tags to manage migration tasks. A maximum of 10 tags can be added for each task.
After a task is created, you can view its tag details on the Tags tab. For detailed operations, see Tag Management.Figure 2 Backup file information
Table 2 Backup file information
Select Microsoft SQL Server.
Backup File Source
Select RDS full backup.NOTE:
Select a backup file whose status is Completed.
- On the Select Destination page, specify database information and click Next.
Figure 3 Database information
Table 3 Database information
Destination RDS DB Instance Name
Select a destination RDS DB instance. If no RDS DB instance is available, you can buy one by referring to the Buy a DB Instance section in the Relational Database Service Getting Started.
Backup Database Name
After you select the destination RDS DB instance, all databases to be restored are automatically displayed. You can select databases to be restored as required and rename them.
- Backup Database Name: Name of the database to be restored.
- New Database Name: The backup database name must consist of 1 to 64 characters. It can contain only uppercase letters, lowercase letters, digits, hyphens (-), and underscores (_). If the name is not specified, the original database name is used.
The backup database can be renamed. A maximum of 100 backup databases can be created.
- On the Confirm Task page, check configuration details, read and agree to the agreement, and click Next.
- In the task list on the Backup Migration Management page, check whether the task is in the Restoring status. If the migration is successful, the task status becomes Successful.