What Is ServiceStage?
ServiceStage is an application management and O&M platform that lets you deploy, roll out, monitor, and maintain applications all in one place. Java, Go, Node.js, Docker, and Tomcat are supported. Microservice applications such as Apache ServiceComb Java chassis (Java chassis), Spring Cloud, Dubbo and Mesher make it easier to migrate enterprise applications to the cloud.
ServiceStage provides the following capabilities:
- Application management: supports application lifecycle management and environment management.
- Microservice application access: supports Java chassis, Go chassis, Spring Cloud and Dubbo microservice frameworks and Mesher; Furthermore, ServiceStage works with CSE to implement service registration and discovery, configuration management, and service governance. For details, see Microservice Development Guide.
- AOM: supports application O&M through logs, monitoring, and alarms.
- Application lifecycle management
- Application creation by using the source code, software packages (JAR, WAR, or ZIP), and container images, achieving application deployment.
- Entire process management from application creation to logout, covering application creation, deployment, start, upgrade, rollback, scaling, stop, and deletion.
- Environment management
Environment is a collection of infrastructures, covering computing, storage, and networks, used for application deployment and running. ServiceStage combines basic resources (such as CCE and ECS) and optional resources (such as ELB, RDS, and DCS) in the same VPC into an environment, such as a development environment, testing environment, pre-production environment, and production environment. Networks in an environment can communicate with each other. You can manage resources and deploy services by environment, simplifying infrastructure O&M.
Microservice Application Access
- Supports the native ServiceComb microservice framework.
The microservice engine uses Apache ServiceComb Service Center, which is a RESTful-style, high-availability, and stateless service registry and discovery center and provides microservice discovery and management. Service providers can register their instance information with the registry and discovery center for users to discover and use. For details about Apache ServiceComb Service Center, see the following:
- Compatible with mainstream microservice open-source frameworks.
Provides a simple access mode for microservices developed by using Spring Cloud and Dubbo. You only need to modify the dependencies and configurations to access microservice engines and use the unified governance policies.
- Provides microservice governance.
After an application developed using the microservice framework is managed on ServiceStage, the microservice will be registered with the service center after the application instance starts. You can govern microservices by referring to Microservice Governance"Microservice Governance" in the User Guide of .
- Multi-dimensional metrics monitoring for application components, helping you understand the running status of online applications.
- GUI-based log query and search, help you quickly locate faults.