Using Image Recognition
You can access Image Recognition on a web-based service management platform, that is, the management console, or using HTTPS-based APIs.
- You can subscribe to Image Recognition on the management console and view the number of successful and failed API calls.
- If you access Image Recognition through APIs, you need to integrate Image Recognition to a third-party system.
The procedure is as follows:
- Apply for a service.
You can apply for a service on the management console. For details about how to apply for a service, see "Applying for a Service" in the Image Recognition API Reference.
You only need to apply for a service once.
- Obtain request authentication.
You can use either of the following authentication methods when calling APIs:
- Token authentication: Requests are authenticated using tokens. For details, see Authentication > Token-based Authentication in the Image Recognition API Reference.
- AK/SK-based authentication: Requests are encrypted using the access key ID (AK) and secret access key (SK). AK/SK authentication provides higher security. For details, see Authentication > AK/SK-based Authentication in the Image Recognition API Reference.
- Call an API.
Image Recognition delivers services through APIs. For details about how to call Image Recognition APIs, see the Image Recognition API Reference.
- View service usage.
- You can view the total number of API calls on the Image Recognition management console.