Cloud Native 2.0 and HUAWEI CLOUD
As one of the earliest adopters of the container technology, Huawei has implemented the technology in multiple internal products since 2013 and started to widely use Kubernetes in 2014. In this course, Huawei has accumulated rich practical experience and provides fully vetted, full-stack container services for enterprise users to migrate applications to the cloud and succeed in the Cloud Native 2.0 era.
Now on HUAWEI CLOUD, you can use standardized, easy-to-deploy cloud native infrastructure services to run your applications.
Cloud Native 2.0
Cloud Native Development
Cloud native technologies, such as container, microservice, and dynamic orchestration, are booming and have become an important driving force for service innovation. Many enterprises in industries such as finance, manufacturing, and Internet have applied these technologies to their core services. Use cases in more service scenarios are on the go, and the industry ecosystem is expanding.
From "On Cloud" to "In Cloud"
New enterprise applications are built on cloud native technologies. Applications, data, and AI are managed in the cloud throughout their lifecycle. Existing applications are organically coordinated with new ones.
New Cloud Native Enterprises
Cloud Native 2.0 is a new phase for intelligent upgrade of enterprises. HUAWEI CLOUD is ready to provide resources you will need for this upgrade that features efficient resource use, agile applications, business intelligence, and secure, trustworthy services.
Cloud Native Landscape of HUAWEI CLOUD
HUAWEI CLOUD is deploying cloud native in infrastructure services, making them application-centric.
These infrastructure services include Cloud Container Engine (CCE), Software Repository for Container (SWR), Intelligent EdgeFabric (IEF), and Application Orchestration Service (AOS). Based on these services, HUAWEI CLOUD develops four cloud native solutions (bare-metal computing, high-performance computing, hybrid cloud, and edge computing) for building high-performance infrastructure, distributed service architecture, and comprehensive cloud-native application ecosystem.
Cloud Native Infrastructure
HUAWEI CLOUD provides customers with cloud native infrastructure services to help customers redefine their infrastructure, enable ubiquitous applications, and refactor application architecture. With these services, applications can run on a shared base and collaborate with each other across clouds and between clouds and edges to accelerate service innovation.
- Cloud Container Engine (CCE) allows you to create highly scalable, high-performance, enterprise-class Kubernetes clusters to run containers. CCE provides full-stack container services, including cluster and application lifecycle management, service mesh, Helm charts, add-ons, and scheduling. With CCE, you can easily deploy, manage, and scale containerized applications on HUAWEI CLOUD.
- Software Repository for Container (SWR) hosts container images that can be used to quickly deploy containerized applications. It provides easy, secure, and reliable management over container images throughout their lifecycle.
- Container Guard Service (CGS) scans vulnerabilities and configurations in images, helping enterprises detect the container environment, which cannot be found by the traditional security software. CGS also delivers functions such as process whitelist configuration, read-only file protection, and container escape detection to minimize the security risks for a running container.
- Intelligent EdgeFabric (IEF) extends cloud applications to edge nodes and associates edge and cloud data, meeting customer requirements for remote control, data processing, analysis, decision-making, and intelligence of edge computing resources. IEF also provides unified on-cloud O&M capabilities, such as device/application monitoring and log collection, to achieve edge-cloud synergy.
Cloud Native Application Enablement
HUAWEI CLOUD enables customers with full-stack cloud native capabilities to support agile applications, business intelligence, secure and trustworthy services, and continuous evolution.
- DevCloud is a one-stop, cloud-based DevOps platform built with Huawei's practices of nearly three decades in R&D, together with its cutting-edge R&D ideas, and state-of-the-art R&D tools. These out-of-the-box cloud services enable you to manage projects, host code, run pipelines, check code, and build, deploy, test, and release your applications in the cloud anytime, anywhere.
- ServiceStage is an application and microservice management platform that facilitates application deployment, monitoring, O&M, and governance. ServiceStage provides a full-stack solution for enterprises to develop microservice, mobile, and web applications. This solution helps enterprises easily migrate various applications onto the cloud, allowing enterprises to focus on service innovation for digital transformation.
- ROMA Connect is a full-stack application and data integration platform designed for diverse service scenarios. ROMA Connect provides lightweight message, data, API, device, and model integration for cloud and on-premises applications across regions to simplify enterprise cloudification, helping enterprises achieve digital transformation.
- Distributed Message Service (DMS) for Kafka is a message queuing service based on the open-source Apache Kafka. It provides Kafka premium instances with isolated computing, storage, and bandwidth resources. DMS for Kafka allows you to apply resources and configure topics, partitions, and replicas based on service requirements. It can be used out of the box and frees you from deployment and O&M so that you can focus on the agile development of your applications.
- FunctionGraph hosts and computes event-driven functions. All you need to do is write your code and set conditions.
- ModelArts is a one-stop AI development platform. For machine learning and deep learning, it supports data preprocessing, semi-automated data labeling, distributed training, automated model building, and on-demand deployment of device-edge-cloud models. ModelArts can help AI developers build models quickly and manage the lifecycles of AI workflows.
- GaussDB(for MySQL) is a next-generation, enterprise-class distributed database service that is fully compatible with MySQL. It uses a decoupled compute-storage architecture and data functions virtualization (DFV) storage that auto-scales up to 128 TB per DB instance. There is no need to deal with sharding and there is virtually no risk of data loss. It combines the high availability and performance of commercial databases with the cost-effectiveness of open-source databases.
Security and Trustworthiness
- Data Security Center (DSC) is a next-generation cloud data protection platform that protects your assets with functions such as risk classification, sensitive data identification, watermark source tracing, and static data masking. DSC monitors data security and gives you a comprehensive view of your data security in the cloud.
- Host Security Service (HSS) helps you identify and manage the assets on your servers, eliminate risks, and defend against intrusions and web page tampering. There are also advanced protection and security operations functions available to help you easily detect and handle threats.
- Anti-DDoS protects HUAWEI CLOUD resources, including Elastic Cloud Servers (ECSs), load balancers, and Bare Metal Servers (BMSs), against layer-4 to layer-7 distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks and sends alarms immediately when detecting an attack. In addition, Anti-DDoS improves the bandwidth utilization to further safeguard user services.