Help Center> Bare Metal Server> Service Overview> Instance> Instance Family
Updated on 2022-11-21 GMT+08:00
An instance is a purchased BMS. Different instance types provide varied computing capabilities, storage space, and network performance. You can select a type that meets your service requirements. After you purchase a BMS, you can perform operations such as starting, stopping, and in-band monitoring.
A BMS has x86 or Kunpeng CPUs. Huawei-developed high-performance physical servers with exclusive optimization algorithms provide a reliable hardware environment for all the BMSs.
- x86 V4 BMS with Intel Broadwell CPU (no more provisioning)
- x86 V5 BMS with Intel Skylake CPU (no more provisioning)
- x86 V6 BMS with Intel Cascade Lake CPU
- Kunpeng V1 BMS with Kunpeng 920 CPU
- If a BMS uses local disks, its system disk is configured as RAID 1 and cannot be changed. The data disks are configured as RAID 0. To change the RAID configuration of data disks, contact the operation administrator.
Was this page helpful?Provide feedback
Thank you very much for your feedback. We will continue working to improve the documentation.
The system is busy. Please try again later.
For any further questions, feel free to contact us through the chatbot.Chatbot