Help Center> Host Security Service (New)> FAQs> Weak Passwords and Unsafe Accounts> How Do I Handle a Weak Password Alarm?
Updated on 2023-01-20 GMT+08:00
How Do I Handle a Weak Password Alarm?
Servers using weak passwords are exposed to intrusions. If a weak password alarm is reported, you are advised to change the alarmed password immediately.
- If simple passwords are used and match those in the weak password library, a weak password alarm will be generated.
- A password used by multiple member accounts will be regarded as a weak password and trigger an alarm.
Checking and Changing Weak Passwords
- Log in to the management console.
- In the upper left corner of the page, select a region, click , and choose .
Figure 1 Accessing HSS
- In the displayed dialog box, click Try the new edition to switch to the HSS (New) console.
- Currently, HSS is available in the following regions: CN South-Guangzhou, CN-Hong Kong, AP-Bangkok, and AP-Singapore.
- On the HSS (New) console, you can click Back to Old Console in the upper left corner to switch to the HSS (Old) console.
and click the Common Weak Password Detection tab.Figure 2 Common weak passwords
- Check the server, account name, account type, and usage duration of the weak password. Log in to the server and change the password.
Changing a Weak Password
Weak Passwords and Unsafe Accounts FAQs
- How Do I Handle a Weak Password Alarm?
- How Do I Set a Secure Password?
- Why Are the Weak Password Alarms Still Reported After the Weak Password Policy Is Disabled?
Was this page helpful?Provide feedback
Thank you very much for your feedback. We will continue working to improve the documentation.
The system is busy. Please try again later.
For any further questions, feel free to contact us through the chatbot.Chatbot