Help Center> Global Accelerator> FAQs> Why Do I Need a Cross-Border Permit?
Updated on 2022-09-22 GMT+08:00

Why Do I Need a Cross-Border Permit?

In accordance with the laws and administrative regulations of the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT) of the People's Republic of China, only three major operators in the Chinese mainland are allowed for cross-border network communications. To carry out business outside the Chinese mainland, you need to apply for a cross-border permit from China Unicom because Huawei Cloud cooperates with China Unicom to centrally manage user profiles for cross-border businesses. Huawei Cloud provides Global Accelerator, and China Unicom provides the cross-border circuit services.