Does DNS Support Explicit and Implicit URLs?
Huawei Cloud DNS does not support URL forwarding.
Explicit and implicit URL forwarding is not performed over a standard DNS protocol, but 301 or 302 redirection over HTTP. You can resolve the domain name to the IP address of your cloud server, and then configure 301 or 302 redirection for the domain name on your web server, such as Nginx, Apache, and Internet Information Services (IIS).
DNS Overview FAQs
- Will I Be Billed for the DNS Service?
- How Many Zones, PTR Records, and Record Sets Can I Create?
- What Are DNS Server Addresses Provided by Huawei Cloud DNS?
- What Are the Private DNS Server Addresses Provided by Huawei Cloud?
- What Are the Differences Between Public and Private Domain Names?
- Does DNS Support IPv6?
- Does DNS Support Explicit and Implicit URLs?
- Does DNS Support Dynamic Domain Name Resolution?
- Does DNS Support Wildcard Entries?
- What Is TTL?
- How Many Domain Name Levels Does DNS Support?
- How Are Zones Queried to Resolve a Domain Name?
- What Are the Priorities of Resolution Lines?
- Why Was the Email Address Format Changed in the SOA Record?
- What Is CAA?
- What Is the MX Record Set Priority?
- Can DNS Point a Domain Name to a Specific Port?