Highly Reliable Transaction Processing
GaussDB(DWS) manages cluster transactions, the basis of HA and failovers. This ensures speedy fault recovery, guarantees the Atomicity, Consistency, Isolation, Durability (ACID) properties for transactions and after a recovery, and enables concurrent control.
GaussDB(DWS) provides an HA mechanism to reduce the service interruption time when a cluster is faulty. It protects key user programs to continuously provide external services, minimizing the impact of hardware, software, and human faults on services and ensuring service continuity.
- Hardware HA: Disk RAID, switch stacking, NIC bond, and uninterruptible power supply (UPS)
- Software HA: HA mechanism used for instances in the GaussDB(DWS) cluster, such as CNs, GTMs, and DNs)
- Transaction blocks are supported. You can run start transaction to make the startup of a transaction block explicit.
- Single-statement transactions are supported. If you do not explicitly start a transaction, a single statement is processed as a transaction.
- Distributed transaction management and global transaction information management are supported. This includes gxid, snapshot, timestamp management, distributed transaction status management, and gxid overflow processing.
- Distributed transactions have ACID properties.
- Deadlocks are prevented in the distributed system. A transaction will be unlocked immediately after a deadlock (if any).