Help Center> Bare Metal Server> FAQs> Network and Security FAQ> What Are the Differences Between EIPs, Private IP Addresses, and Virtual IP Addresses?
Updated on 2022-07-13 GMT+08:00
What Are the Differences Between EIPs, Private IP Addresses, and Virtual IP Addresses?
An EIP can be used to access the Internet and can only be bound to one BMS.
A private IP address is used for communication within an internal network and cannot be used to access the Internet.
Virtual IP addresses, also called floating IP addresses, are used for active and standby switchover of servers to achieve high availability. If the active server is faulty and cannot provide services, the virtual IP address is dynamically switched to the standby server to provide services.
Network and Security FAQ FAQs
- Can BMSs of Different Accounts Communicate with Each Other over an Internal Network?
- How Do Two BMSs in the Same Region But Different AZs Communicate with Each Other?
- Are My BMSs in the Same Subnet?
- Can I Associate a BMS with Multiple Security Groups?
- Can BMSs Communicate with ECSs in the Same VPC?
- What Are the Differences Between the Primary and Extension NICs of BMSs?
- Can I Bind Multiple EIPs to a BMS?
- Can I Configure the EIP?
- Will I Obtain an EIP That Has Been Released?
- What Are the Differences Between EIPs, Private IP Addresses, and Virtual IP Addresses?
- How Can I Modify the Network Configuration or Restart the Network If I Can Log In to a BMS Using Only SSH?
- How Do I Handle the Failure to Ping a CentOS 7 Extension NIC?
- What Do I Do If a Service Port Is Used by a One-Click Password Reset Plug-in?
- What Do I Do If the Communication Between the Primary NIC and Extension NIC of the BMS is Abnormal?
- How Can I Configure a Static IP Address for a BMS?
- How Do I Change the MTU Value of a Linux BMS NIC?
- How Do I Change the MTU Value of a Windows BMS NIC?
Was this page helpful?Provide feedback
Thank you very much for your feedback. We will continue working to improve the documentation.
The system is busy. Please try again later.
For any further questions, feel free to contact us through the chatbot.Chatbot