How Do I Increase the Size of the Root Partition of a BMS Which Is Quickly Provisioned?
If the root partition size of a BMS which is quickly provisioned cannot meet service requirements, you can increase the root partition size by performing the operations in this section.
Assume that the drive letter of the BMS system disk is /dev/sdf and its initial size is 40 GB. To increase the partition size to 140 GB, perform the following operations:
- On the EVS console, add 100 GB capacity to the disk.
After the capacity expansion, check that the size of system disk /dev/sdf has been increased from 40 GB to 140 GB. The 64 MB sdf4 partition is the configdriver partition that stores the BMS configuration information.
- Run the following command to back up the content in the configdriver partition:
dd if=/dev/sdf4 of=/root/configdriver.img
- Run the fdisk /dev/sdf command and perform the operations shown in the following figure to delete the configdriver partition.
Run the partprobe command to refresh the partitions. The system disk contains the following partitions:
- Create a 100 MB configdriver partition in the system disk.
Assume that the available sector range is 83755008-293601279, the initial value of the new partition is equal to the maximum value of the available sector minus 200000, that is, 293401279. The maximum value of the new partition is 293601279.
Run the partprobe command to refresh the partition details.
- Run the following command to expand the root partition:
The size of the extended root partition is as follows:
Run the resize2fs /dev/sdf3 command to expand the file system of the root partition.
- Run the following command to restore the configdriver partition:
dd if=/root/configdriver.img of=/dev/sdf4
The capacity expansion of the BMS root partition is complete.
OS FAQ FAQs
- Can I Install or Upgrade BMS OSs by Myself?
- Can the BMS OS Be Replaced?
- Is a GUI Provided for BMS OSs?
- Is an Upload Tool Delivered with BMS OSs?
- How Do I Configure the Static Host Name of a BMS?
- How Do I Set the Password Validity Period?
- How Do I Set SSH Configuration Items?
- How Can I Handle the Eight-Hour Difference Between the Windows BMS and Local Time
- How Do I Change the SID of a Windows Server 2012 BMS?
- How Do I Change the Kernel Version of CentOS 7 BMSs?
- How Do I Reserve Log Space If the Root Partition Automatically Expands Disks?
- How Do I Roll Back the Kernel Version If I Mistakenly Upgrade the Kernel?
- How Do I Increase the Swap Partition Size?
- How Do I Increase the Size of the Root Partition of a BMS Which Is Quickly Provisioned?
- Common Linux Commands
- How Do I Update the Disk Metadata After the LVM Volume Is Remounted?
- How Do I Handle a Network Failure After Services Are Switched from a Windows BMS Booted from an EVS Disk to an HA BMS?
Was this page helpful?Provide feedback
For any further questions, feel free to contact us through the chatbot.Chatbot