How Do I Increase the Swap Partition Size?
When you install the Oracle database for a Linux OS, the swap partition size will be checked. If the swap partition cannot meet requirements, you can perform the operations in this section to increase the swap partition size.
The swap partition is similar to the virtual memory of the Windows OS. When the memory is insufficient, some hard disk space is virtualized into memory to improve the system running efficiency.
- Log in to the BMS OS.
- Run the lsblk command to check the size of the swap partition.
The size of the swap partition is 3 GB.
- Run the following command to increase the swap partition size by 5 GB (example):
dd if=/dev/zero of=/swapfile bs=1M count=5000
chmod 600 /swapfile
mkswap /swapfile swapon /swapfile echo "/swapfile swap swap defaults 0 0" >>/etc/fstab
- Run the lsblk command to check the size of the expanded swap partition.
The size of the swap partition is 8 GB.
OS FAQ FAQs
- Can I Install or Upgrade BMS OSs by Myself?
- Can the BMS OS Be Replaced?
- Is a GUI Provided for BMS OSs?
- Is an Upload Tool Delivered with BMS OSs?
- How Do I Configure the Static Host Name of a BMS?
- How Do I Set the Password Validity Period?
- How Do I Set SSH Configuration Items?
- How Can I Handle the Eight-Hour Difference Between the Windows BMS and Local Time
- How Do I Change the SID of a Windows Server 2012 BMS?
- How Do I Change the Kernel Version of CentOS 7 BMSs?
- How Do I Reserve Log Space If the Root Partition Automatically Expands Disks?
- How Do I Roll Back the Kernel Version If I Mistakenly Upgrade the Kernel?
- How Do I Increase the Swap Partition Size?
- How Do I Increase the Size of the Root Partition of a BMS Which Is Quickly Provisioned?
- Common Linux Commands
- How Do I Update the Disk Metadata After the LVM Volume Is Remounted?
- How Do I Handle a Network Failure After Services Are Switched from a Windows BMS Booted from an EVS Disk to an HA BMS?
Was this page helpful?Provide feedback
For any further questions, feel free to contact us through the chatbot.Chatbot