Communication Between VPCs of the Same Account
To enable communication between VPCs of the same account within a region, you just need to create a cloud connection and load the VPCs to the created cloud connection.
Figure 1 illustrates how to enable network communication between VPCs of the same account.
- Create a cloud connection.
- Log in to the management console.
- Click in the upper left corner to select a region and a project.
- Under Network, click Cloud Connect.
- On the Cloud Connect page, click Create Cloud Connection.
- Set parameters listed in Table 1.
Table 1 Parameter description
Specifies the cloud connection name.
The value contains 1 to 64 characters, including letters, digits, underscores (_), hyphens (-), and periods (.).
Provides a cloud resource management mode, in which cloud resources and members are centrally managed by project.
Provides supplementary information about the cloud connection.
The value contains 0 to 255 characters.
- Click OK.
- After a cloud connection is created, you need to load the network instances (VPC or virtual gateway) that need to communicate with each other to the cloud connection based on service requirements.
- To enable communication between network instances in different regions, you need to purchase a bandwidth package and configure inter-region bandwidths.
- Load network instances.
You need to load the VPCs to communicate with each other to the cloud connection based on your network plan.
- In the cloud connection list, click the name of the target cloud connection to view its details.
- On the displayed page, click Network Instances.
- Click Load Network Instance.
- In the displayed dialog box, select the VPC to be loaded.
Set the parameters and then click OK.Figure 2 Loading a VPC
Table 2 Parameter description
Specifies whether a network instance is to be loaded across accounts.
Set it to Current account.
Specifies the region where the VPC to be connected is located.
Two options are available, VPC and Virtual gateway.
Currently, only VPCs can be loaded across accounts
Specifies the name of the VPC that needs to be loaded to the cloud connection for communication.
This parameter is mandatory when Instance Type is set to VPC.
VPC CIDR Block
Specifies the CIDR blocks of subnets in the VPC to be loaded.
If Instance Type is set to VPC, you need to configure the following two parameters:
- Subnet CIDR Block: Select one or all subnets of the VPC.
- Advanced Settings: Add one or more subnet CIDR blocks as needed.
Custom CIDR block: 192.168.3.0/16
Provides some supplementary information.
- In the dialog box indicating that the loading is successful, click Continue Loading if you need to continue loading network instances. Close the dialog box if you do not need to load any network instance. Under the Network Instances tab, you can view information about the loaded network instance.