What Is Server Migration Service
Server Migration Service (SMS) provides P2V and V2V migration services to help you migrate applications and data from on-premises x86 physical servers or VMs on private or public clouds to HUAWEI CLOUD Elastic Cloud Servers (ECSs).
- Install the migration Agent on the source server.
- The migration Agent installed on the source server registers its connection status with SMS and reports the information about the source server to SMS. Then, SMS completes the migration feasibility check.
- A user creates a migration task.
- The migration Agent obtains and executes the migration instruction sent by SMS.
- SMS starts to migrate the system disk of the source server.
- SMS starts to migrate data disks of the source server.
- Source end: indicates the source server in a migration task.
- Destination end: indicates the target ECS in the migration task.
- Service end: indicates the SMS service.
Next Article: What Functions Does SMS Provide?
Thank you for your score！Your feedback would help us improve the website.