HUAWEI CLOUD Relational Database Service (RDS) is a cloud-based web service that is reliable, scalable, easy to manage, and ready for immediate use. RDS supports the following DB engines:
HUAWEI CLOUD RDS provides a comprehensive performance monitoring system, multi-level security protection measures, and a professional database management platform, allowing you to easily set up and scale a relational database. On the RDS console, you can perform almost all necessary tasks and no programming is required. The console simplifies operation procedures and reduces routine O&M workloads, so that you can focus on your application and service development.
You can use RDS in either of the following ways:
- Management console: You can create and manage DB instances on the management console.
- API: You can invoke APIs to create and manage DB instances. For details, see the Relational Database Service API Reference.
RDS for MySQL
MySQL is one of the world's most popular open-source relational databases. It works with the Linux, Apache, and Perl/PHP/Python (LAMP) model to provide efficient web solutions. RDS for MySQL is reliable, scalable, inexpensive, easy to manage, and immediately ready for use.
- RDS for MySQL uses mature architecture and applies to various web applications. It is cost-effective and suitable for small- and medium-sized enterprises.
- Visualized and controllable: The console provides comprehensive monitoring information and is easy to use.
- You can flexibly adjust the required resources based on your service requirements and pay for only what you use.
For details about the versions supported by RDS for MySQL, see section DB Engines and Versions.
RDS for PostgreSQL
PostgreSQL is an open-source object-relational database management system with an emphasis on extensibility and standards compliance. It is known as the most advanced open-source database. It applies to business-oriented online transaction processing (OLTP) scenarios and supports NoSQL (JSON, XML, or hstore) and geographic information system (GIS) data types. It has earned a reputation for reliability and data integrity, and applies to Internet websites, location-based applications, and complex data object processing.
- The postgis plugin is supported. Its space application is excellent and meets the international standards. PostgreSQL offers functions similar to those of Oracle database systems, but is less expensive.
- PostgreSQL applies to various scenarios and is cost-effective. You can flexibly scale resources based on your service requirements and pay for only what you use.
For details about the versions supported by RDS for PostgreSQL, see section DB Engines and Versions.
RDS for SQL Server
Microsoft SQL Server is a well-established commercial database with mature enterprise-class architecture. It supports one-stop deployment, ensuring key O&M services and lowering labor costs. With RDS for SQL Server, you can build a safe and stable database operation environment according to Huawei international security standards. It is widely used in government, finance, medical care, education, and gaming. RDS for SQL Server is reliable, scalable, inexpensive, easy to manage, and ready for immediate use.
RDS for SQL Server provides the HA architecture, data security assurance, and backup mechanism for fault recovery within seconds.
For details about the versions supported by RDS for SQL Server, see section DB Engines and Versions.
Next Article: Basic Concepts
Thank you for your score！Your feedback would help us improve the website.