What Is Cloud Performance Test Service?
With the popularization of distributed architecture and microservice technologies, applications become more and more complex. In addition to architecture deconstruction and performance improvement, performance problems in production environment are difficult to locate and the resolution period is long. Therefore, a performance test in advance is mandatory before the application goes online.
Cloud Performance Test Service (CPTS) provides performance test services for cloud applications that are built based on HTTP, HTTPS, TCP, UDP, WEBSOCKET, RTMP or HLS. CPTS quickly simulates service peaks with a large number of concurrent users. It allows you to define the contents and time sequences of packets and supports different combinations of multiple transactions for complex scenario tests. Through CPTS, we hope to simplify performance pressure tests, focus on services and performance problems, reduce costs, improve stability, optimize user experience, and maximize the business value of enterprises.
CPTS provides tests for HTTP/HTTPS/TCP/UDP/WEBSOCKET/RTMP/HLS-based applications with high user concurrency. It allows you to flexibly define multi-protocol packet contents, transactions, and test task models. CPTS also allows you to view performance statistics, such as concurrency, transactions per second (TPS), and response latency in real time or in offline mode. Additionally, CPTS manages test resource groups based on the changes of required performance test scales, such as creating and scaling private test resource groups as required.
Multi-protocol and high-concurrency performance tests
- Quickly defining standard HTTP/HTTPS/TCP/UDP/WEBSOCKET/RTMP/HLS packet contents. You can send pressure test traffic to different tested applications through simple adjustment.
Based on the service requirements of tested applications, CPTS allows you to define any fields in HTTP/HTTPS/TCP/UDP/WEBSOCKET/RTMP/HLS protocol packets, for example, configuring and editing the GET and POST methods of HTTP, as well as the uniform resource locator (URL), header, and body fields.
- Defining the behavior of virtual users for different test scenarios.
You can specify the interval for sending requests of the same user by setting the think time, or define multiple request packets in a transaction to set the number of requests initiated by each user per second.
- Customizing the response result verification to provide more accurate standards for determining successful requests.
CPTS allows you to configure checkpoints based on your service requests. After obtaining response packets, CPTS verifies their response code and header fields. Only response packets meeting the specified conditions are regarded as normal responses.
Defining test task models for complex scenario tests
- With multiple flexible combinations of transaction elements and test task phases, CPTS helps you test application performance in scenarios with different user operation types and concurrent user operations.
- A transaction can be used by multiple test tasks, and multiple test phases can be defined for a transaction. In each test phase, you can define the test duration, number of concurrent users and tests, as well as simulate complex scenarios with different traffic peaks and troughs.
Figure 2 Complex scenario tests
Providing professional performance test reports for easy understanding of application performance
- CPTS collects application performance statistics from multiple aspects, such as TPS, number of concurrent users, response latency, number of accumulated access requests, response verification results, and response timeout interval.
- CPTS provides real-time and offline test reports for users to view and analyze test data anytime.
Managing private test clusters, isolating tenants' traffic, and providing on-demand use
- Using CPTS, you can create test clusters as required to isolate the traffic of different users and achieve internal and external network pressure tests for applications. After the tests are complete, the test clusters can be deleted anytime.
- CPTS supports real-time scale-ins, scale-outs, and upgrades of test clusters.
Next Article: Advantages
Thank you for your score！Your feedback would help us improve the website.