How Do I Enable Cluster Protection?
Perform the following steps to enable protection, which will automatically install the CGS plug-in in the cluster.
- Log in to the management console.
- The page for enabling cluster protection is displayed, as shown in Figure 1.
- In the displayed dialog box, read and select I have read and agreed to the Container Guard Service Disclaimer, and click OK.
Figure 2 Enable Protection dialog box
After protection is enabled, Cluster Protection Status of the cluster is Enabled, indicating that protection has been enabled for all available nodes in the cluster.
- If you enable CGS for more nodes than can be protected by the yearly/monthly packages you have purchased, your will be charged on an hourly basis for protection of the excess nodes. For details, see When and How Will CGS Be Charged On Demand?
- CGS automatically enables protection for the new node in the cluster when a new node is added to a cluster with protection enabled.
- Enabling protection will automatically install the CGS plug-in in the cluster.